Local Anesthesia requires no special preparation, but you may wish to have someone drive you to and from appointment and follow the instructions given by Dr. John during your preoperative consultation. Be sure to brush, floss, and rinse (prescribed by Dr. John) the morning of surgery.
- You may not eat or drink, (including water), eight hours prior to surgery.
- You should brush, floss, and rinse (prescribed by Dr. John) the morning of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany you to the office, remain in the waiting room during the procedure, and drive you home.
- You should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing, preferably with short sleeves, and low heels.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, piercings, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness or have been ill recently, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. John prior to your surgical date for instructions.